The Rome Christmas Parade committee met on Tuesday in order to establish new guidelines for this year’s parade, set for December 1st.
According to a release from the committee, here are those guidelines:
- The parade will be limited to 40 units. These may be floats or walking units. Units will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and all applications will be accepted on this basis, effective immediately. The original entry deadline of November 10th should be disregarded; get the applications submitted now at www.romechristmasparade.com in order to ensure a spot in the parade. Applicants will be notified by November 1st if accepted.
- All floats will be limited to 10 participants. No limits are imposed on participants in walking units, but social distancing must be maintained.
- Masks are mandatory for all participants in the parade and encouraged for parade viewers.
- The Committee requests that no temporary business licenses be given for street vendors on the night of the parade.
- School bands will not be marching this year. Every unit is requested to provide holiday music from their units.
- All participants are asked to depict a holiday tribute to the community’s healthcare and public service workers on the frontlines in the battle with COVID-19, in keeping with the parade’s theme of “Heroes of 2020”.
The parade committee also plans to enhance their social media and television coverage of the parade so that more of the community at large can enjoy this year’s parade from the safety of their own homes.