Concerns about the weather has led to numerous closures and delays around the area, which has been placed under a Tropical Storm Warning as well as a Flash Flood Watch by the National Weather Service as Zeta zips through with high winds and heavy rain.
Here’s a look at weather related closures and delays locally:
- Floyd County Schools will be closed to all staff and students and will implement a Digital Learning Day. All after school activities will also be cancelled for today.
- Rome City Schools had already made a switch from in-person to virtual learning due to COVID-19 concerns.
- St. Mary’s School is closed today.
- Berry College Elementary and Middle School will be closed today and will implement a Distance Learning Day.
- Darlington School will be closed today, and there will be no virtual classes. After-school activities will still take place for Upper School students.
- All campuses of Georgia Northwestern Technical College are closed today.
- All locations of Georgia Highlands College will delay opening until noon today; classes starting before noon are cancelled.
- The City of Rome will delay opening all city administrative offices and Rome Transit operations until 10 am.
- The COVID-19 test site at the Coosa Valley Fairgrounds in Rome will not be open today, that according to the Northwest Health District of the Georgia Department of Public Health.