Severe weather concerns have led to several delays for today. Here is a list of those delays:
- Rome City Schools is observing a systemwide two-hour delay to class start times. The two-hour change to class start time includes faculty and staff. Please continue to check the RCS system social media pages and the system website for additional changes in scheduling. Breakfast will be sent home for students today due to classes starting late.
- All campuses of Georgia Northwestern Technical College will delay opening until 10 am.
- All non-essential Floyd County offices, including judicial services, will delay opening until 10:00 AM. All essential personnel will report as scheduled unless they have made other arrangements with their supervisors. Any employees who may still have traveling difficulties due to the weather at 10:00 AM will need to contact their supervisors to make other arrangements. For more information, please contact the County Clerk’s office at 706-291-5110.
- City of Rome staff will report to work at 10 am, and Rome Transit will delay opening with the first busses to depart at 9:30 am.
- All Georgia Department of Public Health Northwest Health District offices, including the district office in Rome and health departments in Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Floyd, Gordon, Haralson, Paulding, Polk, and Walker counties, will delay opening until 10 am.
Students at Floyd County Schools already had the next couple of days off as today is a parent/teacher conference day and Friday is a teacher planning day.