(Media release from the Floyd County Schools):
- Pre-K Applications will be available on the district website homepage beginning Tuesday, February 1, 2022.
- To participate in the lottery drawing for Pre-K, online applications must be completed by Friday, February 11, 2022, at 3 p.m.
- If accepted in Pre-K, parents are required to provide proof of residency which is a copy of the power, water, or gas bill in the parent’s name.
- Proof of residency documentation must match the student’s address on the application. If proof of residency documentation and the student’s address on the application do not match, the student’s spot in Pre-K will be forfeited, the student will be placed at the end of the waiting list, and the spot will be filled from the top of the waiting list. Families with questions regarding proof of residency should contact the school registrar.
- Children may only apply at ONE school.
When will parents find out if the child has a spot?
Families will be notified by mail of the results of the lottery drawing in late March.
Late applications will be accepted after Friday, February 11. These students will be placed on a waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis. Slots will be filled as they become available.
Out of District Students
FCS accepts out-of-district students. For the lottery drawing, students who are in-district are drawn first. Then, out-of-district students are drawn. Students MUST live in Georgia to participate in Pre-K.
Children must be 4 Years Old by September 1, 2022, to be eligible for Pre-K.
FCS Schools with Pre-K Classrooms for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Armuchee Attendance Area- Glenwood Primary
- Coosa Attendance Area
- Alto Park Elementary
- Garden Lakes Elementary
- Model Attendance Area
- Johnson Elementary
- Model Elementary
- Pepperell Attendance Area- Pepperell Primary
To view the 2022-2023 school year calendar, click HERE.