Georgia’s gas prices continue to increase, according to AAA, The Auto Club Group. Motorists statewide now pay an average price of $3.24 per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline. That is four cents more than a week ago, 13 cents more than last month, and 96 cents more than this time last year.
It now costs motorists in the Peach State $48.60 to fill up a 15-gallon tank of gasoline.
Montrae Waiters, spokeswoman for AAA, states, “Russia’s intentions toward Ukraine continues to influence higher crude oil prices. Higher oil prices will likely lead to higher pump prices for Georgia drivers.”
Sunday’s national average of $3.43 per gallon of regular unleaded gasoline is seven cents more than last week, 13 cents more than last month, and 97 cents more than at this same time last year.
AAA offers some tips for saving money on gas:
- Combine several errands into one trip to drive fewer miles.
- Take things out of your car that might add weight.
- Remove things like bike racks to reduce wind resistance.
- Avoid fast takeoffs and fast breaking.
- Shop around for gas, use the AAA app to find prices.
- Look for local discounts.