(Media release from Floyd County’s Solid Waste Department):
Floyd County residents will have the opportunity to drop-off scrap tires for free at the Scrap Tire Amnesty Day event on Saturday, April 23, 2022 at the GE Plant at 1389 Redmond Circle, Rome from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. No appointment is necessary. Guidelines for the event are listed below.
– 10 tires per vehicle, limit two farm tractor tires
– Must have Floyd county tag
– No commercial tires (tractor trailer, skid steer, fork lift)
– No tires on rim
– Tires must be clean and dry
– Multiple trips are not allowed for individuals or vehicles
The Tire Amnesty Day is made possible thanks to a $6,880 grant from the Environmental Protection Division’s (EPD) Local Government Scrap Tire Abatement Reimbursement (STAR) Program. This grant will reimburse Floyd County for the cost of transporting and processing scrap tires. It is funded from Georgia’s Solid Waste Trust Fund.
Please contact the Rome-Floyd Recycling Center for questions about the Scrap Tire Amnesty Day or visit floydcountyga.gov for more information.