(From the Rome/Floyd County Fire Department):
Rome/Floyd County Fire Department will perform ISO (Insurance Services Office) hydrant flow testing for parts of the West Rome area starting January 9 thru mid-February.
– The testing area will start at Martha Berry Blvd proceeding to approximately Coker Dr., encompassing the North and South sides of Shorter Ave.
– Some of the roads included in this area are Horseleg Creek Rd, Mt Alto Rd, Burnette Ferry Rd, Huffacker Rd, Redmond Rd, Lavender Dr, Division St. and John Davenport Dr.
– Weather permitting, we hope to be completed by the second week of February.
– During this time, you may experience discolored water coming from your faucet. It is advisable to run your faucets, clothe washer, etc. until the water clears up.
– You may also see hydrants flowing in the area for an extended period, these hydrants are left flowing in an effort to flush the hydrants of any loose sediment that may occur during testing