(Media release from the Internal Revenue Service):
The Internal Revenue Service has announced the Taxpayer Assistance Center (TAC) in Rome, Georgia 30161, is now open at 600 E. First Street. Free parking and public transportation are available at this location.
Due to additional funding through the Inflation Reduction Act, the IRS has hired more than 5,000 new employees to improve taxpayer services, including adding staff to IRS TACs and reopening offices that had been closed due to employee attrition.
All IRS TACs operate by appointment. To schedule an appointment at the Rome TAC, call 844-545-5640. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To view services provided at this office and get directions, visit IRS.gov Contact Your Local IRS Office.
The fastest and easiest way for taxpayers to get the help they need is through IRS.gov. Go to www.irs.gov for more information on the following available resources:
- IRS Online Account: taxpayers can securely access their individual account information.
- Where’s My Refund?: taxpayers can check their refund status and estimated delivery date.
- Free File: taxpayers can use free tax software offered through IRS partners that allow them to file their taxes online.
- Identity Protection Pin (IP PIN): taxpayers can prevent someone from using their information to file a fraudulent tax return.
- Get Transcript: taxpayers can view and print a tax transcript online.
- Direct Pay: taxpayers can make tax payments or estimated tax payments from their checking or savings account.
- Electronic Federal Tax Payment System: individuals or businesses can make all types of federal tax payments.
- Online Payment Agreement: taxpayers can set up installment payments to pay taxes they owe.
- Where’s My Amended Return?: taxpayers can track the status of their amended return.
- Interactive Tax Assistant: individuals can get answers to many tax questions.
- All IRS Forms and Publications: individuals can find and download current tax forms, instructions and publications. Those who do not have access to the internet can call 800-829-3676 to order tax forms by mail.
For additional information on available services, see IRS Publication 5136, IRS Services Guide.